because WE can totally make that!

4.21.2011

detailed pinwheel tutorial

I apologize for my delay at posting clearer instructions as per requested by my favorite follower.  ( Don’t be a hater.  Anyone can be in the running for my favorite, but you have to post things like Domestic Diva.)  To my credit I did do this last week to find it didn’t actually post.  Third time is a charm right?



Take your square piece of paper and draw an X corner to corner.  In the center draw another X about 1”. ( I have used marker for tutorial purposes only.)  
Cut down large X stopping at small X.  
Poke small hole at every other corner and center of small X.



From here take brad ( I have used poky thing for tutorial purpose only) and poke through one of the corner holes from the outside of paper.  Continue until you have all four corners together as in 3rd photo.  

Then, continue by pushing brad through center of small X and securing tabs.
Finally, hot glue pinwheel to dowel or run ribbon through it for pinwheel garland.  If you want pinwheel to twirl then use thumbtack instead of brad and push partially through wooden dowel.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOU GUYS TOOOOOO! this is JUST what I need, I have a friend at my church going on a humanitarian mission with her daughter to India and needed a simple craft idea to share with the children. She has to provide the supplies so they need to be able to pack light, I thought to myself, "What better idea than those absolutely incredible pinwheels I saw on the Do it all Diva blog!!! If only I had some step by step instructions to give her and practice with her..." and HERE YOU DID IT! I am so excited I can not even contain it, I will be making pinwheels galore, as will a group of super lucky kids in India! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOOOOOOUUUUUU!

    ReplyDelete